Hi, 

We are a young couple down in La Mesa with a few Langstroth hives. We also have a top bar hive we might try out if we get the chance. We've done a few hive removals and captured a late swarm in the area, but lost our first hive that we got too late in the season last year. We're starting again this year with some hives we ordered from Craig Noorlander. We saw the active group up in Albuquerque and thought we would look around and see if anyone else was down here. Glad to see there are some other active hobby beekeepers in the area! 

~Jenny and Graeme

Views: 26

Replies to This Discussion

Hi Folks,

Nice to see some more bee people in the valley.  We got our bees from Craig too.

Nice to meet you!

Welcome!  It's great that we have this opportunity to meet you, too!  We in the southern part of the start are are a bit spread out, but now we have a means to support each other.  I live in the Sacramento Mountains, High Rolls area and am completely new to beekeeping.  Lots to learn...

Hello Jenny and Graeme!

I have one of the Noorlander hives that I got through Les Crowder and it is the best one that I have at this point. How are yours doing?

Great to hear from you, welcome!

RSS

Welcome

The New Mexico Beekeepers Association is a non-profit organization of private beekeepers, commercial beekeepers, persons interested in promoting the importance of the honey bee in the environment, and businesses related to the honey industry. Representing all regions of New Mexico, the Association maintains a close affiliation with the State of New Mexico's Department of Agriculture. Membership in the Association is open to all interested persons.

2014 Association Officers

President: Jessie Brown, president@nmbeekeepers.org

Vice President: Craig Noorlander, vicepresident@nmbeekeepers.org

Secretary: Mike Fickling, secretary@nmbeekeepers.org

Treasurer: D.J. Nickles, treasurer@nmbeekeepers.org

Board: 

Phill Remick, memberatlarge1@nmbeekeepers.org

Taylor Horst, memberatlarge2@nmbeekeepers.org

Membership dues are $30 per year for a family, $15 for membership from July 1-Dec 31st. 

Become a Member 

Contact us

Directory of Resources

© 2014   Created by Info NM Beekeepers Association.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service